stsadm -o setimageuploadlocation does not work.

Jul 14, 2008 at 12:34 PM
Hello,

I have a problem with setting up my webpart. When i execute the following line:

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\BIN\stsadm.exe" -o setimageuploadlocation -webapp http://sp02:13625/wiki -library http://sp02:13625/wiki/Plaatjes

There is no error, but i keep on getting te message:

The URL of this library must be configured in the web.config file. Run the STSADM -o SetImageUploadLocation command to set the location.

Can somebody help me?

Robin
Coordinator
Jul 14, 2008 at 7:57 PM
Robin,

If you look at the web.config file for the sp02:13625 web application, has it been updated with the entry in the <appSettings> section?

If not, perhaps the WebConfig Refresh job is not running. What is the status of the Timer Jobs in Central Administration? Is the Windows SharePoint Services Timer service running?

- Paul
Mar 24, 2009 at 2:01 PM
Hi Paul,
Im totally new to sharepoint. i followed your article. upto setimageuploadlocation everything went smooth. but at this command i havent received any msg but still can not see appsettings in web.config.

My Windows SharePoint Services Timer service is running. still unable to get entry in the <appSettings> section.

Help me please.

Thanks
Micela

Coordinator
Mar 25, 2009 at 3:05 AM

Micela,

When running the STSADM command, you should receive either a message that "operation completed sucessfully" or some type of error. Since you don't see any entries in web.config, there must have been some kind of error. Re-run the stsadm command and post a copy of messages displayed on the screen.

- Paul

Mar 25, 2009 at 9:01 AM
Hi Paul,

I did not get any error msg.
Windows Installer service is not set to automatic, thats the problem. i found out that and it worked. thank you very much.

one more doubt i worked on your extended version with built int richtext editor, is it independent or is it having any connection with image upload web part.wsp file.


thanks
micela
May 24, 2009 at 1:25 PM
Edited May 24, 2009 at 1:26 PM

FYI, I had a similar problem. It worked fine the first time but then I realized that I had given it the wrong URL.

Running the setimageuploadlocation command again did not update web.config even though it always reported success with no errors. I tried it several times. Timer jobs etc are all running. Just in case, I tried manually deleting the existing entry and also deleting the <appSettings></appSettings> which was empty by then. Nothing helped so I updated the file manually and all is well now.

Thanks
Ross